Promotion of Sports
The spread of Internet and the automation of many different activities have made contemporary society more convenient. At the same time, we face problems that significantly affect the sound growth of society, such as the rise in disease and declining physical strength resulting from lack of exercise and the decrease in interaction with other people.
In addition to facilitating the maintenance of physical and mental health, sports are a powerful means for generating communication that transcends national borders and generation gaps, helping to unlock the potential of people and communities.
Based on its Corporate Philosophy, “Contributing to society through the advancement of sporting goods and the promotion of sports,” Mizuno offers more people access to sports activities through its efforts to promote sports. It helps enrich society and make it sustainable, creating an environment in which individual can shine.
Mizuno’s Corporate Philosophy “Contributing to society through the advancement of sporting goods and the promotion of sports” not only means providing good quality sports products, but also delivering the joy of sports to as many people as possible and helping them experience the spirit of sports, namely “fair play, friendship, and fighting spirit,” as well as providing a solution to maximize the potential of sports with regard to social issues in cooperation with related organizations. This also helps to enrich and create a sustainable society in which each individual can shine.
Basing on the above thinking, as important issues, Mizuno is tackling the following three challenges for the promotion of sports:
1) Improve the athletic ability and physical strength of children who are the next generation.
2) Extend healthy life through sports activities.
3) Improve access to sports activities and support local sports activities.
Mizuno is also focusing strongly on its global activities for the promotion of sports that suit various countries and regions.
Results of efforts to encourage sports activities for FY2017
- Hexathlon; Number of schools introducing Hexathlon/Number of Hexathlon games held/Total number of participants
10/ 192/ 9,430
- Number of contracts for operating sports facilities/Number of facilities
164/ 952 *
- Number of employees who engage in volunteer activities that encourage sports activities
‘*’ As of April, 2018